The Basement Forums

A gathering place for old friends from Olathe Kansas to discuss...pretty much anything...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Rules and Information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scott
Beast of Doom

PostSubject: Rules and Information   Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:46 am

We will follow the same basic rules as we have for the last few years. Each bracket costs $5, which goes into the pool.

* First Place gets 50% of Pool.
* Second Place gets 25% of Pool.
* Third Place gets 15% of Pool.
* Fourth Place gets 10% of Pool.

* Opening Game and Tournament Picks (please divide picks by rounds all the way through the championship game) along with your name and the nickname you wish to have appear on the leader board must be
e-mailed to goggun13@yahoo.com, posted here, or otherwise given to me by Tuesday, March 18 BEFORE the Opening Game (or by Thursday, March 20 BEFORE the First Round if you don't wish to participate in the Opening Game).

* Scores will be based on the following point system:
Opening Game 1/2 - Optional, but you forfeit the 1/2 point if you do not get the pick in on time
First Round 1
Second Round 2
Sweet Sixteen 3
Elite Eight 4
Final Four 5
Championship 6

Tiebreaker System
* The winner will be determined by the most correct in each round, starting with the Championship Game.
ie: If one of the tied participants predicted the winner of the Championship Game and the other did not then the one who predicted the winner of the Championship Game would win the tie-breaker.
*If this still results in a tie, then we will look at the previous round to see number correct and this will continue until a winner is found.
*Note that if brackets are identical then the tie-breaker will go to the person who submitted their picks first.

If you have any questions/ideas, post them here or call me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. J

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Information   Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:06 pm

Will you be giving me the money for winning now, or later?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Beast of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Information   Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:23 pm

You know I want to give it to you now Josh, but because this is officially sponsered by Kellog, I have to wait for the t's to be crossed and the i's to be dotted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Information   

Back to top Go down

Rules and Information
Page 1 of 1