The Basement Forums

A gathering place for old friends from Olathe Kansas to discuss...pretty much anything...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The Chiefs Draft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Z
Admin

PostSubject: The Chiefs Draft   Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Through the first three rounds the Chiefs have been able to snack Glen Dorsey from LSU, Brandon Albert from Virginia, and Brandon Flowers from Virginia Tech.
Dare I say that this might be a dream scenario for the Chiefs? I just don't see a way Carl can screw this up unless he is stupid enough to drag contract negotiations out (unfortunately he is that stupid...)

Anyways, I think that the Chiefs already have three starters for week one. Dorsey is a playmaker. Albert could be the answer at tackle and at the very least be an adequate guard, and I think Flowers will be a solid starter but probably not a pro-bowler.

That being said...I still think the Chiefs are a five win team. But at least they'll be a five win team on the rise as opposed to last season when they were a five win team with no direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebasementboards.forumandco.com
Sn0man13

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:42 pm

chiefs won 4 games last year... Razz
I think that the chiefs will be 8-8 or 9-7 next year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:22 pm

Ed you are forever the optimist. But I really don't see how. San Diego is better, KC plays New England, Tennessee, Tampa, all of those teams made the playoff and with the possible exception of Tampa looke better than last year. KC also plays the Jets, Bengals, Saints, Bills, and Panthers. I think all of those teams have more talent than the Chiefs.

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the moves the Chiefs have made. On the contrary, for the first time in a long time I feel like Carl has taken a little risk and I believe it will pay off in a big way. I just don't think the moves will translate into immediate sucess.

So yeah, five wins...but they could be good five wins in which we actually get to see a core of young players instead of a core of over-the-top players supplemented by average younger players or bust first rounders...(I'm looking at you Ryan Simms).
Back to top Go down
Cooper
Crunk Master

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:17 pm

I dont know Dale, I think the Bangals are gonna be a very weak team this year especially with/without Ocho Cinco and all the problems that go along with having him on your team. Plus, Dwayne Bowe will have a year under his belt and will have all off season to work with Croyle. Dorsey will be an imediate play maker, and I think having LJ on your team always gives you an advantage. I say six wins at the very least and if they can get some offensive unity, then I wouldnt be suprised to see nine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:06 pm

As long as the Bengals have Palmer under center they won't suck completely on offense. Plus, that offensive line over there isn't bad. Tack on the loss of Jared Allen and things get more interesting. I don't know, I just don't like many match-ups. Most of the favorable one's are on the road too but we'll see. I hope I'm wrong and the Chiefs are a 14 win team...but I sincerely doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   Thu May 01, 2008 9:11 am

The best part about this is, as Z said, we're on the rise! We are going to find out a lot this season about who is willing to stay long term, and who will want out (fan and player alike!). And as long as Pollard is on the prowl, then the Chiefs will have at least a shot in the dark each game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   Thu May 01, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm also interested to see how Croyle will do with a revamped offensive line. He should have ample protection this year and time to make some throws. Last year he showed he's can't make plays without protection, this year we'll see if he can make them with protection. If not...we'll be taking a first round quarterback next year. Oh yeah...Croyle needs to stop being built of glass too. That boy gets hurt every time the wind changed direction.
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   Tue May 06, 2008 12:26 pm

i very much doubt even the great farve would have made it through the season unscathed by the massive porosity of our line. No one could have survived behind that, much less looked like a qb. give him time to learn and a good line and we might have found ourselves a qb...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chiefs Draft   

Back to top Go down

The Chiefs Draft
Page 1 of 1