The Basement Forums

A gathering place for old friends from Olathe Kansas to discuss...pretty much anything...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Shadowmoor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Z
Admin

PostSubject: Shadowmoor   Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts on shadowmoor are. I know we've talked about it some but I think putting it in print will help condense our knowledge a little. So post what cards you think are cool, what decks you'd like to build, whatever. It's the dedicated shadowmoor thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebasementboards.forumandco.com
Scott
Beast of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Shadowmoor   Thu May 01, 2008 9:26 am

Shadowmoor seems to overall be quite a powerful set. At least the creatures are. So many creatures are just way above the curve, with their only drawback being that they require hybrid mana, which isn't really a drawback at all. If you thought Joe's was creature heavy before...

There are a lot of cards that are interesting for more than simply being super efficient. Of these, one of my favorites is Swans of Bryn Argoll. I dream of it + pyrohemia. Unfortunately it is currently a chase rare, so that dream will be on the back burner for awhile. Another cool card is Dusk Urchins. I have been thinking of a blue/black efficient cards win deck, with the Urchins/Scarscale Ritual. The Urchins may also replace elephant Call of the Herd elephant in my G/B deck. Mirrorweave is super cool. Kitchen Finks is the new riftwatcher, Murderous Redcap may become Zach's favorite card ever, and Fulminator Mage is overrated.

All the new toys for red aggro/burn is bittersweet for me. My deck will no longer be unique, but it will rock and roll. The best thing for thrifty players everywhere is it can dominate with 0 rares.

Overall, I think it is better than Lorwyn, but still accomplishes Wizard's probable goal of it being very easy to build simple 2 color creature decks that can randomly compete with netdecks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shadowmoor   Thu May 01, 2008 5:48 pm

So yeah, I took a look at this.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite card ever. Especially given it's four mana cost. Don't get me wrong...you know what. I'm just looking for things wrong with it. It's a really good card that would have been absolutely fantastic in the Death Pact Control deck I was trying so hard to throw together. Not so good in my black/white control deck though. What I really need to look out for are replacements for Calciderm and grim harvest, both of which pain me so much to lose...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebasementboards.forumandco.com
Sn0man13

PostSubject: Re: Shadowmoor   Tue May 06, 2008 12:27 pm

mono-black control is back baby!

tendrils+corrupt=happiness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowmoor   

Back to top Go down

Shadowmoor